<VV> pertronix question (again)

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Jul 22 20:08:18 EDT 2006

Paul, Please see below for comments.
Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 7/22/2006 3:27:59 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
pbob63 at frontiernet.net writes:

Couldn't  get it to
idle, so I advanced the distributer untill I got an idle.
You should reset the timing using a timing light.

I'm  getting a
high pitched whine, or whistle from the right carb,

Sounds loke a vacuum leak. Recheck your gasket and connections.

and I'm  not seeing
any gas slowly dripping into the carb at idle like I see on the  left
carb. Carbs were just rebuilt. (by me) Did I do this right?
There's a problem with the left carb. Gas should NOT be dripping at an  idle.
Your float is probably set too high.

Still  not
idling smoothly enough. Thanks for your previous  suggestions!

-Paul Abel-