<VV> Fwd: Tuning up

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Thu Jun 1 00:36:59 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Kubin" <dreamwoodck at yahoo.com>
Subject: <VV> Fwd: Tuning up

> > Hey Ryan,
> > By 10 degrees retarded, you don't mean 10 degrees
> > AFTER TDC, do you?
> > Chuck Kubin
**************
I run gopher errands in SW Iowa with my 66 110 4 3.55 stocker, and here in
the sticks it's not uncommon to have * 1 * choice at a gas station:   89
Pump gas-ahol.

I wound up with just twisting my distributor to 8 degrees at idle; it
actually still pings just a little occasionally, and yes, the crispness is
missing on top end ( about 90 mph max ) ...   it does get mid 20's mileage,
tho, and the only people I could outrun with it anyway if I ran race gas and
14 degrees advance would be a 1964 beetle with a flat ....   or possibly my
old '60 Frod Falcon.
just some thoughts, ken campbell, just north of the ozarks...