<VV> old gas ruins engines?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Jun 1 02:34:24 EDT 2006

Probably by making the valve stem sticky. I ran old gas in my vehicles
for years to get rid of it. One day I put several gallons of old gas in
my Corvair van. The next day I drove it, but only on three cylinders!
All three intake rockers on one head were floping in mid air because the
intake valves were stuck open!!!! Applied something like WD-40 and kept
tapping on the stem ends with a hammer and they eventually closed. Must
really dilute old gas from now on.

Frank DuVal