<VV> Re: transmission fluid

burkhard at rochester.rr.com burkhard at rochester.rr.com
Thu Jun 1 08:54:52 EDT 2006

Brad -

It's a GM fluid for modern manual transmission vehicles.  I'm 98% sure
it is what I have for my 99 Sonoma (5 speed).  It's fairly thin stuff
similar to ATF... definitely not something you want to put in a
transmission expecting gear oil, like our Corvairs.   Go to
www.google.com and type "12345349 GM" (without the quotes) into the
search window.  You'll get a zillion hits, including this one which has
a picture: www.5speedtransmissions.com/gm_syncromesh.html .

As an aside, if your local GM dealer didn't immediately know what it
was for, he could have VERY easily looked up the number to find the
application (I have them do that all the time).  The fact they didn't
know how to do that (or were too lazy) suggests they are
incompetent ... I'd reconsider buying anything from them or having
anything worked on by them.

Jim Burkhard
Rustchester, NY