<VV> Modified turbo question

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 12:00:23 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/1/2006 5:41:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gyoungwolf at earthlink.net writes:

Thanks  for
any input, and private is okay if you think it is  appropriate.
Thanks,
The Carbmeister

I have used Crown housings on many cars over the years. Although there was
no welding done on those, the early ones had an "adjustable" screw that, when
tightened (lock-nut released, and stainless screw turned inwards) changed the
effective discharge angle of the exhaust hitting the wheel. The later ones
were  just fixed at a high A/R ratio. The housings were available for both early
 (62-64) and late (65-66) turbos. You might look for one of those  housings.
I recall a Crown P/N of 5041 - And a suffix of A or B, to describe the  model.
(That is from memory, the P/N could be wrong. -  Seth