<VV> old gas

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Thu Jun 1 12:48:45 EDT 2006

Wait, wait, I see a plan forming.  I have been trying to convince my wife
for years we need a new mower.  It's all coming together now.

Okay, no more posts on old gas.  We've beat it to death.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Cliff Tibbitts

Lexington, KY

>From Ken Clark:

If I didn't want the mower or any engine anymore I would go ahead and use
it.  I learned my lesson several years ago using old gas.  First it caused
engine problems in the 140 engine it was in.  I didn't think running it a
little bit would hurt it.  Engine ran very poorly and ended up with a bent
valve, however I'm not certain the gas caused all the problems.  Car had
been setting a number of years.  Nice car, but bad gas.  I drained the gas
out and decided to use it in lawn mowers.  It ruined lawn mower engine also
before I realized the problem.  No more old gas for me.  It will all go to
the recycling place.  Ken Clark