<VV> old gas ruins engines?

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Thu Jun 1 12:56:37 EDT 2006

In a message dated 5/31/2006 11:34:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
corvairduval at cox.net writes:

Probably  by making the valve stem sticky. I ran old gas in my vehicles
for years to  get rid of it. One day I put several gallons of old gas in
my Corvair van.  The next day I drove it, but only on three cylinders!
All three intake  rockers on one head were floping in mid air because the
intake valves were  stuck open!!!! Applied something like WD-40 and kept
tapping on the stem  ends with a hammer and they eventually closed. Must
really dilute old gas  from now on.

I've done this several times but never more than a 10/1 ratio of new to old
gas... Or even
more new to old.

Always worked out fine

Tim  Abney