<VV> Greenbrier Questions

Greg Hanlin g.hanlin at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 1 15:33:40 EDT 2006

I will echo Brian's comments about the engine.  164cid is good.  We have a
'63 Deluxe Greenbrier, with original drivetrain - 102HP, 3.89:1 posi rear
end, and powerglide.  Some nut must have ordered it that way thinking the
extra HP would be good - I would rather have torque.  Imagine how long it
takes us to get up to freeway speed.  Once you are there, it isn't too bad,
but acceleration is leisurely at best.  The engine is developing some blowby
at cruising speed, so I think a 164 cubic inch FC engine is in our future.

The best thing about the Greenbrier is that the kid's car seats are two rows
behind you - they are not shouting in your ear and can't kick the back of
your seat!

Greg Hanlin
Dayton OH