<VV> Teardown III

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 2 18:23:33 EDT 2006

Well, I finally got the jugs and piston assemblies off of the block
today.  I'll take the rod bearings out and clean them and the rod
bearing housings on the rod arms.  I then need to clean (again) the
front block housing, the alternator adaptor, and the inside of the
block.  For those of you have forgotten in the intervening weeks since
the oil pressure check, I found fine bits of iron based debris in the
oil pan.  BTW, one NEVER wants ones engine to lose a rod bearing.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvairium //

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110
Sierra Tan, originally (currently Copper) - Saddle, zero rust, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, vertical bumper
guards, w/ 77K (and continuing to hold)
(Still in group red, light at the end of the tunnel that seemingly
keeps backing away as I attempt to get closer)   : I