<VV> Re: Roadside assistance needed in Georgia!

Les corvair at mts.net
Sat Jun 3 12:06:19 EDT 2006

Hah. My '63 Spyder gas gauge was exactly the same. Had to run out of gas to learn that....

Les
corvair at mts.net
============
Message: 10
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 11:35:42 -0400
From: Frank DuVal <corvairduval at cox.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Re: Roadside assistance needed in Georgia!
To: Doug Mackintosh <dougmackintosh at yahoo.com>
Cc: Virtual Vairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org>

My '64 Monza sedan had a fuel gage that was EMPTY when it still showed a
needle width above the E line. I would tell people who borrowed the car
to put gas in when the gage reached the 1/4 full line. Several times I
had to take a gallon of gas to rescue my car. "But the gage shows fuel"
. "No, it is where I said it would run out of gas". They would not run
out a second time....

If the needle does not move when the brakes are applied, it is time for
fuel.

Frank DuVal