<VV> Electric (powered) Corvair found

Richard Beck sgtrbeck at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 3 20:09:21 EDT 2006

Hello to all,  A 1962 Corvair 900 was fitted with a four-pole 32v 300 amp dc motor directly coupled to the manual transaxle.  This vehicle's drive system was designed by H.P.A. Schaeper and Erich Farber at the University of Florida about 1971-72. I have an article on it from Mechnical Engineering Nov 1972, p348.  There are other published reports on it.  This pioneer project car is sitting at a tool shop in Palatka, Florida.  The batteries are gone along with most of the the floor, but the body is straight with little rust.  John Baer wants to sell it.  I am just passing this information along as a courtesy.  I have only talked to him one time.  phone/fax 386.325.6555.  I don't know a price.  I do know it is complete and rolls.
  Richard B(eck)