<VV> compression / carb gaskets and insulators (140)

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 4 16:48:20 EDT 2006

  I finally got my repaired cly head back from the machine shop. They installed a set screw to close the hole into the comb chamber and had a welder TIG the inside and outside to permanently seal it in. I now have  to use two washers under the spark plug, R44FF, to keep #2 the same distance into the chamber as 2,6. Does it matter that much ?

   The compression is 195 +-5 psi. on all (checked without carbs installed.)  I calculated the Comp ratio at approximately 9.26:1 with 45cc chambers, .032 copper gaskets and .060 overbore.

   Next question concerns the placement of the carb insulator block and the gasket. I always put the insulator block on first and the gasket next. I can't find any diagram in any of my books to describe the sequence. Ya think I'd know by now!  Any opinions out there?? On these subjects I mean.

   Oh, happy D Day to any vets who survived it! Thanks fo being there.

MIKE KOVACS