Fwd: <VV> re:cleaning rings/bearings

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 21:06:40 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/4/2006 7:28:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
djtcz at comcast.net writes:

> So, I'm looking for some input on the matter.  How do you clean bearings?

I've been using kerosene (with a parts cleaner detergent additive) for over
30 years.  (Am I that old?)  I soak wheel bearings and other parts in in and
blot dry with old, clean towels and use a pressure wheel bearing packing tool to
regrease the bearings--it forces old stuff out and new grease in.  Uses more
grease, but I've never had a bearing fail that was greased this way.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa