Fwd: <VV> squeak (again)

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 21:34:10 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/3/2006 8:57:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

> so while I was on my test drive for the non-start situation, the dreaded
> squeak (actually now more like a squeal)

Order your rebuilt rear wheel bearings/hubs now.  They aren't that hard to
replace and I would bet that is your problem.  Heck, you've checked everything
else.  The good news is that you won't get ripped off by your local dealer like
I did when mine went years ago.  Now you can get quality rebuilts for less
than what I paid to have mine replaced decades ago (and those failed less than
four months later).

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier