<VV> What to do with donated Car

Terry Kalp tkalp at cox.net
Sun Jun 4 21:39:19 EDT 2006

Last January one of our Corvair Club members passed away after a battle with cancer.  His wife decided she wanted to donate his Corvair project and parts to our local club.  Today Aeroned and went to sort thru parts and pick the car up.  Joe was in the middle of a brake job when he was no longer able to work on the car.  It is an interesting car, a 1968 500, with 140, 4 speed, Quick steering and heavy duty suspension.  The paint is dead and some evidence of previous bodywork is showing up.  Needs some interior work, haven't tried running the engine, yet.  It has a centermount 4 bbl, but we picked up a box with all the original carbs and linkage.  Shows 68K.  Engine number matches the VIN.

Now the club has it what should we do with it?  I would like to hear some of your experiences with "Club cars" the good and what to avoid. Off- list replies would be fine.

Thanks

Terry Kalp