Ethanol vs. Methanol Re: <VV> Racing with Gasoline and Ethanol

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Mon Jun 5 16:48:00 EDT 2006

For racing, one advantage of switching from  methanol to ethanol is better
miles per gallon so fewer pit stops.   (Because a gallon of ethanol has more
energy in it than a gallon of  methanol.)
    I also am a "pro-ethanol" person.  However, it  will probably take some
new biological method to utilize waste corn stalks and  cobs (as well as other
waste plant products) to produce ethanol more  economically than the present
production from edible corn as well as sugar cane  (Brazilian ethanol comes
from sugar cane).  Of course if we  eliminated our tariff on imported sugar, that
might also become an  economical feedstock.
    I'd rather send my money to Jose Aguilera than  Mohammed bin Laden, since
Jose isn't likely to try to assassinate  me!!!
    Frank Burkhard

In a message dated 6/4/2006 5:32:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,