Turbo Gas Mileage Re: <VV> NO assistance needed in Georgia!

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Mon Jun 5 16:48:01 EDT 2006

Frank, if you got over 40 mpg in a Corvair turbo  you MUST have had vacuum
advance in the ignition timing.  When I changed  from the stock pressure retard
to vacuum advance, my mileage improved 22% on the  same drive back and forth
to work every day.  In my opinion, this is the  major reason why TURBO Corvairs
get so much worse mileage than the NA  Corvairs.
    Frank "likes turbos" Burkhard

In a message dated 6/4/2006 8:17:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,