Turbo Gas Mileage Re: <VV>

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Jun 5 23:58:21 EDT 2006

No vacuum advance, but every other trick in the book for economy. 40 psi
tires, electric fuel pump that shut off when the ignition was off ( I
know, in theory this shouldn't matter), coasted down every available
hill with key off, sslloowwww acceleration and quick to 4th gear, etc.

It still seems impossible, but the same host member  filled up the tank
both times at the same station. Maybe it was a heat of the day phenomenon.

Frank DuVal