<VV> Note to Sarah--no corvair

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 17:58:02 EDT 2006

Hey Chuck,
  I know Sarah is a big girl who can handle it herself, but since this was out in the public forum, I figured I'd ask the questions she probably can't in her official capacity.

  1) In reference to your non-apology...

  Did you really expect an apology? I though she was 'splaining it to those who didn't get the joke. Should she have opened a vein?

  2) Who told you that members of the 4 clubs were not upset...

  Are you speaking for all members of four clubs? Nobody got it? Everybody was upset? How many?

  3) ... because I knew that it could effect registration and tour participation...because we have heard it at our registration "desk" by phone, internet and mail.

  Did people actually contact you amd tell you they didn't sign up for something because of Sarah's writings?  I mean, really, did they?  How many?

  4) And who told you that the falls could not be "turned off"?

  Who told you they could? Diverting the falls is the same as turning them off? Where does the water go when they turn them off?

  5) (no quote for this one)

  Why did you wait until June 5 to complain about something that ran on April 1?

  So Chuck, I can only wish you avoid headaches that go with running any event but I think you are running rough over the wrong person for the wrong reason. I appreciate the hard work you guys are doing to make the convention a go, but I thing you forget that Sarah wants you to succeed as much as anyone else (more, I'd guess).
  I honestly and sincerely hope this has been the biggest problem you have or will encounter in your chairman's job, and I can't envision it is the big deal you've painted it to be.
  I'll guarantee this isn't the first time you've read April Fools material in a magazine. They all run it, at least, the better ones do, and not always that well. One of the nation's leading woodworking magazines ran detailed plans for a block of wood. Do you not see April Fools stuff this every year in the Communique?
  Meanwhile, congratulations to Sarah for writing what she did. It takes a lot of talent for someone who isn't in government to write something that is really a load of bull and make it believable.

  That other Chuck guy