Fwd: <VV> carbs/smog exhaust manifolds

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 14:24:32 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/6/2006 11:10:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brentcovey at hotmail.com writes:

> Keep a close eye on your manifolds to ensure they do not develop leaks- the
> slightest exhaust leak from where you have capped them off will permit
> carbon monoxide to enter the car heater, it would be desireable to change to
> a non AIR type manifold when you have the opportunity some time, you might
> make a point of acquiring the older non-smog manifolds ahead of any future
> exhaust system repairs, and get them cleaned up with new studs ready to go
> for any future occasion when you're working on the exhaust system.

This is the kind of reply that makes VV so helpful.  I strongly second
Brent's recommendation about the exhaust manifolds.  If you don't want to keep the
smog logs then I'm sure someone who wants them (they are rare--just not real
desirable) will swap a good pair of non smog manifolds for them.  I would
replace your blocked off SMOG logs at your earliest convenience for the reasons
Brent cited.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair