<VV> re Drill Doctor Bummer

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Wed Jun 7 00:34:09 EDT 2006

What you say is true Mark - so far as it goes. But I think that we
should not shoulder this situation on Buffalo (Our Corsa committee
people there I mean). What you are seeing is almost certainly the wave
of the future for vending at conventions. Many states are getting more
aggressive in thier sales tax collection and, now that the issue has
been broached, it is probably going to be an issue from here on out. The
only question will be whether or not a given event is deemed large
enough to warrant scutiny on the part of the local tax collector.

We commercial vendors have been having to do this at Palm Springs now
for 4 years, I think. You're looking at the future - NOT a unique
problem at Buffalo. We've been concerned about this issue for over 10
years and poor old Four Clubs gets the misfortune of being the Rubicon.
This issue should not deter ANYONE from attending Buffalo - I can see
very shortly when we will not be attending Corsa conventions to buy
parts. It's all part of the evolution of this hobby.

Come to Buffalo and enjoy the cammeraderie - See your many friends and
those wonderful Corvairs. I just found out I won't make it there, but
the rest of you need to keep the faith.

Lon Wall
Western Director