<VV> Re: PLASTIC TUBING FOR OIL GAUGE

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 7 10:57:03 EDT 2006

 I couldn't agree more, Mark. I put my electrical gauge senders in a small
 Radio Shack hobby box mounted on the rear frame rail. It's connected to a
 flex line which goes around the left side of the alternator, where it
 connects to a S/S hard line. This then routes around the front of the alt ,
 under the fan belt and into the hole where the idiot light switch normally
 goes. If you want to retain the idiot light, simply install a "T" at this
 point and you have both.
 By doing it this way, the large pressure sender is out of the way of an
 errant writhing fan belt.
 Andy Clark
 1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
 1966 140/4 Yenko Clone