<VV> re:sales tax

tom zimmermann s10birdman1966 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 11:13:41 EDT 2006

...while I'm no authority,small transactions between individuals are not an issue; I just bought a used $20 bike for my G-son,and didn't pay sales tax...if that's your business,like a junkyard,'probably',but there is a practical $$ ammount to consider and enforcability,too...UPS/FedEx don't handle sales tax,so if I 'deliver' a block to someone that 'bought' it ,or bought a load of 'scrap' in NY,no tax would be due...besides,hasn't 'sales tax' already been paid on the first purchase when new? IMHO,taxing something more than once *may be* unconstitutional...wasn't that an issue a few hunnerd years ago? If I 'give' you something,and you buy me lunch,I'm not required to pay you sales tax,am I ??...Tom ,'not worried about it' Z..//