<VV> Oil Pressure Gauge

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Wed Jun 7 15:16:53 EDT 2006

Smitty Says;  I am the exact opposite of one of our members who thinks the sun rises and sets on gauges.  I won't use his name but his sons name is Burkhard.  Gauges are great for troubleshooting and tune up.  They can even be an asset to determine where the trouble lies when it occurs.  I have none in my race car except the fuel gauge, boost and tach.  Got 4 BIG bright red lights though.  Fan belt light, a must.  Gen light, nice to have.  Over temp light, a must.  Oil press light that comes on when pressure comes down (not when it is gone), a must.  If a feller is racing hard enough and concentrating on what he and others are doing, he doesn't have time to be lookin at any gauges.  So there Frank.