<VV> RE: re Drill Doctor Bummer (corvairs)

John Bailey jbailey at daytonwa.net
Thu Jun 8 00:38:23 EDT 2006

For those of you who wanted a good deal on the lack of a sales tax on vendor
items, you should have gone to the Portland convention last year.  The state
of Oregon has an income tax but no sales tax.  My state (Washington) is the
opposite - has no income tax, but has a sales tax.  Washington also has a
program (at least in the border areas) in which Oregonians pay no sales tax.
I would hate to see the vendor area disappear from the conventions, as it is
very useful to see what corvair items are out there in one spot without
going through a bunch of web sites and catalogs.  It is equally important
for vendors to meet, greet and know their customers and their needs in
person.

John B.
1961 700 Sedan PG