<VV> Re: Sales Tax - NO Corvair

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Thu Jun 8 00:16:24 EDT 2006

Yes but Matt, in CA my car cost over $400 to register (1996 Passat, not old Corvair) and here in VA it costs $23.  CA pptax were $0 and VA pptax was around $400.  CA registration "fees" are tied to car value.  In CA they label taxes as fees since proposition 13 put a ban on certain "taxes".   Those politicians, they're so clever.

mike