<VV> Re: Sales Tax - NO Corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 01:07:00 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/7/2006 9:16:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mhicks130 at cox.net writes:

Yes but  Matt, in CA my car cost over $400 to register (1996 Passat, not old
Corvair)  and here in VA it costs $23.  CA pptax were $0 and VA pptax was
around  $400.  CA registration "fees" are tied to car value.  In CA they  label
taxes as fees since proposition 13 put a ban on certain  "taxes".   Those
politicians, they're so clever.

mike

Mikey - You musta got took! I just paid the years registration on my 1996
Camaro. $96 including the personalized plate (24RACER) - Now, if you were a
California resident and bought the car out of state and brought it in? Yeah  -
You might have paid sales tax on the car. But registration keeps going down
every year you own the car. It does bottom out at about $50, depending on the
county of residence. - Seth