<VV> Starter

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Jun 8 12:54:11 EDT 2006

Smitty says:  Sorry to interupt the discussion on taxes but I have a rather unusual problem that I have not found the cause of yet.  On my wife's Rampy the starter motor stays engaged more often than not.  The bendix is kicking out (so it's not damaging the flywheel ring gear).  Always (so far) works normally after disconnecting the ground terminal on the battery for a second.  Put a test light on the start switch and turned it off and on a few hunderd times.  It is good.  Pulled solenoid and dissasembled.  Looks normal inside.  Slug is free to move and disc looks normal.  Contact fingers seem to be properly located.  I could throw another solenoid on it but that is not the way I like to fix things.  Any ideas????????