<VV> Re:Coil wiring-pink vs. purple wire

Ed Dowds ed_dowds at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 13 11:27:13 EDT 2006

I tried posting this to VV over the weekend but I don't think it got thru
due to the server being serviced. I apologize if this is a duplicate
posting.
To: Andy Clark & Norm Witte (and to VV)

I finally got to my mother-in-law's house this weekend to check my wiring.

The harness out of my old '65 Monza has a black wire with a stripe as we
thought. Mine has a pink stripe but it has faded and could be seen as a
purple wire if I didn't have the large purple solenoid wire to compare it
to.
The harness in my '66 has a pink wire. Once again it could look like a
purple wire if I didn't have the large purple wire to compare.
I compared both "pinks" to the roll of new pink wire I bought to wire the
HEI in my '66. The new wire is much brighter and is easily seen as pink.
When looking at the old wires I can see that they have faded over 40 years!
The black wire with the stripe is particularly difficult to distinguish as
having a PINK stripe.
                                        Ed