<VV> RE: What kind of Corvair?

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Tue Jun 13 12:25:44 EDT 2006

Your story reminds me of about 10 years ago we had a Corvair display at the
Summit Park Mall for several days. We always tried to have someone on duty
to watch over the cars and answer questions. Several people came up to us
during the course of the display to ask how much the cars were, and which
dealer they could be purchased from. To a lot of people, the Corvair looked
like a "new" car, and many were suprised to find they were a classic car
and no longer in production.........Many were suprised to find they were an
American car, and I was even called a liar when I informed someone it was a
Chevy.
Gary Swiatowy

   From: "Cliff Tibbitts" <tibbitts at qx.net>
Subject: <VV> RE: What kind of Corvair?

This happened to another member of the club, so I am passing this on based
on his word, but it certainly sounds believable.

Years ago, he had stopped at small mom and pops restaurant somewhere here in
the middle of Kentucky.  It was one of those places that also had a set of
gas pumps out front.  He and his wife had noticed some stares and comments
made in the general direction of his late model Corvair.

As he was leaving, he decided to top off the tank so he pulled up to the
pump.  As he was getting his gas, one of the other patrons had come out to
the car.  "Settle a bet for me," he said.  "I bet a gentleman inside that
this is a custom car.  I told him that the back half came off a Corvette and
the front half was a Camaro."

My friend set him straight, I would have left him thinking he was right.

Cliff Tibbitts