<VV> Re: What Kind of Corvair?

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Tue Jun 13 20:21:47 EDT 2006

Last week my Corsa was emerging from the car wash behind a slightly battered
mini-van.  The soccer mom who owned the van looked at the Corvair and said,
"Gas tank in the front...?"

"Yes," I replied, "and the engine is in the back."

"What kind of car is that?" she asked.

"It's a Corvair."

"Ah!" she said, knowingly.  "Unsafe at any speed!"  Having figured it all
out, she marched off to her mini-van.

I was a little frustrated until I realized that she had just exhausted her
entire knowledge of the subject and was quite pleased that she had made that
much of a connection.

Norm Witte