<VV> A Father Brags

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 13 22:10:52 EDT 2006

Well, it IS close to Father's Day - so this should be OK.

My wife and I went to Wisconsin on Friday in order to be there for the
Elkhart Lake Triathlon early on Saturday morning.  Part of the race (the RUN
portion) was run on the grounds of Road America.  It was too cool for having
the top down on the vert, so we drove a Blazer.

Anyway, my daughter, Lauren Jensen ran AND won (for women) the race.  She
recently picked up a new sponsor which is Jelly Belly (the candy).  They now
have a "sports version" of their tasty product.

There is a report of the race at their web site - the second item on the
list at the moment.

http://jellybelly.com/Cultures/en-US/default.htm?CMP=KNC-YahooSearchMktg

Corvair content:  On more than one occasion, I've had a Corvair in the
paddock area at Road America.  Was able to do that by being a "crew member"
for my cousin who has occasionally raced there.

Later, JR