<VV> Air Compressors, smidgen of Corvair

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 14 12:44:43 EDT 2006

I'm going to need to buy an air compressor for the Corvairium II in
order to blow dry the parts from the engine that need to be cleaned
with soap and water and would otherwise rust.  I would like to plan for
the future in the purchase, by getting a compressor that will serve my
needs as far as using impact wrenches (to do jobs on the Monza),
perhaps though not sure for spray painting house and car, and possibly
operating a small nail gun.  I would like, if at all possible, to use
the 110 outlet that is already in the garage, but would convert to 220
if it made sense job wise and was something that might be possible for
me to accomplish or not terribly expensive (- $100) for someone else to
do.
I' looking at a Husky 15 gallon, 1.7 running hp (5 peak [doubt it]),
with 5.1 SCFM @ 90 psi with a max of 150 psi.
Thoughts?

Stephen U