<VV> RE: What kind of Corvair?

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 16:36:14 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/13/2006 3:16:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mark at noakes.com writes:

My 66  frequently gets the thumbs up from the import tuner crowd...I think
they think  that it is a foreign car too.

Mark  Noakes

While on a trip returning from Sacramento I stopped for gas on Hwy 99 near
Fresno.

A young (22 or so) kids drove in a stopped across the pumps from me.

I was pumping gas into my 65 Monza.

He asked... "What kind of car is that?"

I replied "Chevy" He was driving a tired old F-150 pickup. I pointed out  the
"bowtie" on the
grille bar on the front of the car.

He then asked... "When did they start making those?"

I told him "This one is a 1965."

He sort of mumbled "oh."

I had sprung a small oil leak and went to the rear to check the oil. I
raised the engine lid and
pulled out the dipstick, Oil level was still OK. He saw this and blurted
out...

"What are you trying to pull on me. That's some kind of Volkswagen isn't
it!?"

"Ya got me pal."

Tim  Abney
Inland Empire Corvair Club