<VV> handicap access at Niagara Falls

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Wed Jun 14 22:25:33 EDT 2006

Michael

On the USA side at Niagara Falls, there is nothing you can't do--the ADA has made it mandatory for an elevator to the Maid of the Mist, and it has handicapped access and seating as well.  All the facilities at Prospect Point and Goat Island have adaquate handicapped access.

I don't know about Canada, but I believe their commitment to all of its citizens for equal access is likely equal to our own.

There might be one or two places you can't get to fully without walking, but there are also restrictions for people with heart problems, etc on the walkway behind and between the Falls.

Posted to the list because I'm sure there are others that have restrictions of one kind or another as well.

Hank