<VV> CORVAIR CARDBOARD

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Jun 15 19:56:26 EDT 2006

At 09:15 hours 06/14/2006, Andy  Clark wrote:
>If you go to your local friendly marine parts store, you'll probably find
>that they have low-viscosity epoxy. It's used on boats for encapsulating dry
>rot. It soaks well into the cardboard, stiffening and preserving it. In
>order to make the bends flexible afterwards, just score on the backside with
>a dullish knife.
>Worked for me many times over  - rear cardboard, bottoms of the door panels,
>etc..

You could pick up some clear-coat "boat bottom" paint.   It has
enzymes in it to help prevent rot etc.   I bought a gallon off Ebay,
and of course it's waterproof and it can be sprayed, brushed
etc.    I got it to use on wood and the insides of door panels and/or
whatever else needs protection from moisture or whatever, so it
should do the same job on cardboard.

tony..