<VV> Gas tank sending unit seal

David McMillan dmac632000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 21:29:34 EDT 2006

Hey there!
I'm having a bear of a time getting the sending unit
back in without gas leaking past the seal. I've gone
through five of the o-ring seals (two of which were
just received from Clark's), three of the metal ring
nuts (two of which I tried increasing the angle on to
push against the tangs more so as to exert more
pressure on the seal). Those modifications I tried
just now. Before that I oiled and greased the seal
before I put it together, then let it sit for two days
dry thinking it might "seat" properly. I made sure the
rubber tab was positioned in the groove of the sending
unit.

Any advice/tips/words of encouragement from the gas
tank gurus out there?

Thanks!
A now light-headed Dave McMillan