<VV> '69 Shenanigans!

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 07:34:17 EDT 2006

Hey guys,
I have a strange question that I'm gonna toss out there to the masses about
the '69 Monza... but first some background.
I was driving it yesterday, on my way back home from yet another funeral,
second one this month (this funeral was for the brother of a very  dear friend's
girlfriend.... he was 49, and had succumbed to lung cancer...  I'd never met
him, but she is a wonderful person, and the whole family is "good  people"),
and I was driving about 75 mph (110 smogger engine w/most AIR stuff  removed,
pg, 3.55 diff, petronix-I'm guessing #1, a little less than a 1/4 tank  of gas,
about 88 degrees temperature) when all of a sudden I start losing  power...
then it's almost like I'm trailering something from all the jerking  it's
doing... you know, push-pull-push stuff... and the occasional  backfire... I pulled
to the shoulder of the freeway and it's just idling as  sweet as you
please... I rev the engine, nothing unusual... I get back in and it  refuses to go
faster than 50 MPH, which can be a bit hazardous on the WKy  Pkwy... luckily I
was just 5 miles from my exit, so I did what I could to  get her home.
Once off the WK all was well...
I RARELY let the tank get to less than half full (or half empty, for that
matter)... does this sound like some "junk in the tank"? "clogged sock"? "weak
fuel pump"?
I tell ya, it was the first time it had ever done this in the 5K miles I've
driven this car... and I'm supposed to take Maggie (my 13 year old) to the
"re-Grand Opening" of the new "Hot Topic" store in the mall today, along with
Cheryl's 17 year old cousin who's been spending the week with us here in the
boonies...
Anyway, FIRST thing I'm gonna do is get some gas... and keep an eye on the
gauge to see when this happens again....
Any suggestions are welcome and will be noted in my little green notebook I
carry.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.... it might be a while  before
I find out what it  is.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg...  getting worked on soon!
1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd... needs a new home
1964  700 sedan 95/pg... waiting on a rear wheel bearing
1969 Monza 110/pg....  wanting to be a "jerk" on the HWY