<VV> Gas tank sending unit seal

David McMillan dmac632000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 12:38:08 EDT 2006

> Any advice/tips/words of encouragement from the gas
> tank gurus out there?
>
> Thanks!
> A now light-headed  Dave McMillan
>

> I beat my head against the wall just as much as you.
> Last summer I was
> installing "all new parts".  I finally traced it to
> a bad seal - But you  have
> tried several. I have never found the replacement
> "Nuts" to be as well made  as
> the originals.

********i actually had to grind the edges of the new
nut ever so slightly just to get the nut to fit into
and under the tangs on the gas tank.

> Have you checked out the mating surfaces on both the
> sender and the  tank to make
> sure no burrs or scratches are causing the leak? -
> Seth  Emerson

********Looks like I'll have another chance to check
the mating surfaces more carefully because it has to
come out again, but I'm pretty sure the surfaces are
good and flush, no burrs. I don't know, I really had
to sock it down the last time I did it, because of the
"enhanced bends" I gave the nut on the edges. I can't
understand how it can be leaking. Oh well, try, try
again!

Dave McMillan