<VV> 69 Fixes for the '69 problem.

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Sat Jun 17 18:56:18 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/17/2006 3:19:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
LonzoVair at aol.com writes:

> I was reminded by my daughter that it had done something similar
> once when I was rushing to the gas station to get to it before it closed for
>
> the night (I just LOVE small town life!) and about 100 yards from the gas
> station it  started bucking and dying... just as we turned in to the
> station...

--------
Most likely one of your hoses!  Most I check on cars I get can be slipped by
hand!
----------
I'm still puzzled by my 79 Dodge 1 ton box van...........3/8" fuel line
connected to 1/4"  spigot on top edge of  wall of tank [ 35 gal.  plastic ]. mech
.pump.  I could pull the line off without loosening clamp!

I could run out 20 gals....so how did it still pick up gas?  20 gal. was 6-8"
 from spigot!!!

Also...if it started missing...slow down....good for another 50 miles!

Pull into gas station......anything less than a fillup.....engine would not
restart...nor if primed!!  Yet it ran fine as you pulled in...

I fixed it by returning everything to normal...and changing a hard to find [
frame rail] filter!

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!