<VV> 2006 Juna Tuna

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 00:15:30 EDT 2006

The 2006 Juna Tuna is now history. We started out slow, a sway bar bushing
replacement on Steve Ziegler's 64 Monza. Kirk Eck was the main wrench turner on
 that job, fresh off rebuilding his car's front end. There were several other
 little projects that were going on around the shop, Jeff Schramm rebuilt his
 car's heater box, David Fasgold swapped out his car's front seats, a tune
up, an  oil change and I rebuilt a couple LM lower hinges.

We had several folks that were new to the Tuna. They were impressed with
Terry Kalp's shop. No matter how you explain Terry's facility, it is just no
substitute to seeing and exploring it.

The BIG surprise was lunch. Tuna are famous for the lunch spread we always
enjoy. However this Juna Tuna was extra special. Bob Bright and Bernie Strecker
 were our chefs for a steak cookout. The excellent Kansas steaks that Julie
Strecker bought were perfect. There was also a large assortment of sides
including homemade cole slaw, potato salad, and the too popular bake beans. The
meal was followed by desert. The dessert table gets bigger and better at every
Tuna. We had fresh fruit salad, blueberry cobbler, carrot cake, chocolate
cake,  brownies and chocolate chip cookies, and that's just what I sampled.

As always, we owe the success of this Tuna to our host, Terry Kalp. Without
his hospitality the Tunas just would not be as popular as they have  become.

Ned  Madsen
MCCA President - Wichita, KS
1966 Corsa 140/4 speed
1965 500  Sedan 95/PG