<VV> RE: Fathers Day

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Jun 19 18:45:00 EDT 2006

At 10:39 hours 06/19/2006, TimogensTurbo at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 6/19/2006 10:10:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>tonyu at roava.net writes:
>
> > ...spent mine pulling an engine/transaxle out of a rusting hulk in a
> > wrecking yard.   In the bright sun.   94 degrees.   With a gaggle of
> > mosquitos  buzzing around my ears the whole time.

>-----
>
>OUCH!!    Did all the children come out to help????  ggggg

Not on a bet.

She came along for the ride last week as I was "setting up" for this
weekend and all she did from the time we got there until we left was
complain, and after we did leave the only thing she wanted to do was
go to the mall.

>My Son, Daughter I-L  and grandDaughter were up in CB last week...I could
>only get 4 days off.....had a ball just relaxing!  DIL is expecting
>the 2nd  in 3
>mths!  Got my Son to "help" with several projects!  Little girl is just like
>her dad at this age.....no bottle...except X X's.....eats adult
>food.....speaks just enough to not have to cry any more....my kind of kid!

Humm...    this one eats anything not tied to the shelf and talks too
much and knows everything.

Heh...  just wait until she wants a car.

>So, this weekend just watched racing,

AND I MISSED LEMANS.    !!?    Spaced it completely.

>took a nice Vair drive out to one of
>the local lakes [ lady brought the food!] and bought the CAL Custom Vair

If that car had been within a day's drive it would be in the barn
now.   ...after it had gotten a bath.

Re:

4-post lift...?

I need  one of them.    Hell, I'd be satisfied with a drive-on
"tilt-a-car" type service ramp thingy.   Been considering putting
something like that together...  just drive up on it and have about
24" of crawl space under the car to work with, "creeper" around
underneath etc.    Could even make it "breakable" so it could be
quickly disassembled and carried around in the pickup etc. if need
be.     I'm all the time needing to get underneath something or other
to do stuff, might as well have something on hand to make it
easier.     I sometimes enjoy cooking up stuff like this, give me an
excuse to play with the mig welder.

tony..