<VV> Alternator question

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 01:09:47 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/20/2006 9:26:44 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
AeroNed at aol.com writes:

the  alternator is putting out 15 volts all the time. When the  car
is  off, the battery shows 13.5 volts. The alternator is internal  regulated
that is puts out something like 50 amps. It's the rear of a unit  from  a mid
80
GM car with a Corvair front and fan. I'm not blowing  lights or anything  but
it
sure seems like I need a voltage  regulator. What does the group of  experts
think?

Hey Ned,
A lot depends on how you have the alt hooked up. Where is the sense line
connected? It makes a big difference. Where is the voltmeter connected?
14.2 volts is normal so you may not be too far off.
Regards,
Bob Helt