<VV> Alternator question

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 13:41:27 EDT 2006

The alternator is hooked up per the Tech guide, jumper two pairs of wires at the stock voltage regulator and then wire in a "standard" GM alternator plug at the alternator. The voltmeter is wired directly to the fuse block, I think the plug off of the radio fuse. The gauge is a new VDO and the "truth source" is an old (about 20 year old) cheapie Radio Shack analog VOM.

The voltage has never cause any problems. But not that I have a gauge (Matt told me it was the only gauge I'd need :^) ) I have noticed that the turn signals blink sort of quick. Maybe it's time to get a good digital VOM...