<VV> Opinions on compression (Unit conversion)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 01:42:35 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/20/2006 2:17:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
corvair at corvair.nl writes:

But here  goes 1 bar is approximately 14,5 PSI

1 - 12 bar = 174 psi
2 - 9,5  bar = 138 psi
3 - 11 bar  = 160 psi
4 - 10 bar = 145 psi
5 - 11  bar = 160 psi
6 - 10 bar = 145 psi

Hope this  helps.

Regards,

Guus de Haan

Guus  - All three readings from the drivers side seem low. (2-4-6)  Does this
car have the exact same style/model head on both sides? I know it's a  turbo.
This wouldn't account for the  heating or the miss, I was just  wondering.
Are all the engine sealing shrouds in place so there is no  recirculation of
air? One intake valve too tight could cause all cylinders on  that side to run
poorly, if the combustion bleeds back into the intake stream?  That would
normally show as a really low compression reading though.If you do  pull the heads
be sure to let us know what you find. -  Seth