<VV> powerglide/ diff swap

Robert O'Brien bob0017 at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 24 22:19:53 EDT 2006

Hello VV,
I have a rebuilt 102 hp engine that I want to connect to a perfectly operating powerglide transmission and differential.  They are currently on a very tired 110 hp engine that I took out of my Lakewood.  My question concerns moving the trans and diff to the new engine. I hesitate to break them apart as I notice in the shop manual that to do so requires re-adjusting the powerglide thrust spacers.  I'd rather avoid this step if I can move both together.  My question thus, is can I move both the trans and diff bolted together as I got them off the tired engine and bolt them to the new bell housing?  The shop manual from what I can see says nothing about doing this.  Can anyone clear up my confusion?
Thanks,
Bob O

Robert O'Brien
bob0017 at earthlink.net