<VV> Question on Cosa Turbo Conversion

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 10:19:55 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/25/2006 2:30:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
corvair2 at earthlink.net writes:

> I am considering making the 65 - 180 turbo normally aspirated by adding a
> pair of 69 carburators and a dual exhaust.
> Do I need to replace the distributor or will the stock one work ok?
> Also are there any other tips on modifications for the conversion would be
> helpful as well.
> How would a pair of Grants 62-63 rebuilt carbs work?
> Flame on.Regards, Garth
---------------------------
How could we Flame you?   If this is what it takes to get your car going
NOW....and to the convention....go for it!

My opinion?    Either set of carbs will work....If you have the  rebuilts
already..use them...

Replace the distributor with one that gets plenty of advance...as you
basically have a 8 to 1 CR  80hp engine!

see   http://members.aol.com/patiomatt/techpages.htm    for a complete
listing of Distributors...

And stay away from the Duals....use a stocker single with a good open /
freeflowing muffler.....Duals will kill what "bottom end" you might have....of
course a D &  M  Big Single with a "good muffler"  would make it sound like a v8!
Then you could race our 1st Corsa Prez.......he was beaten by 80hp  a few
years back????   ggggg

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!