<VV> Making a turbo engine normally aspirated

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Mon Jun 26 20:53:14 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clark Hartzel" <chartzel at comcast.net>
Subject: <VV> Making a turbo engine normally aspirated

> I have a 180HP engine with no turbo and two carbs in my street buggy.
Runs
> fine but be aware turbo heads don't have the holes or mounting area for
the
> choke coils and rods that come up to the choke levers on the carbs.  I use
> Rube Goldberg method:  I plastic wire tied a couple of throttle return
> springs to the frame rails. > Clark Hartzel
Heh heh, on my '69 with goofy choke actuators, I got tired of adjusting them
every week, so I disconnected the link on one side ( 110 engine ) and just
used one  choke ... that worked ok since I didn[t run the car after it got
below about 30 degrees anyway ... too drafty, weak heater motor, etc. etc.
Yep, it ran a little rough when cold, but was at least predictable (g).
I loved that POS ...... it seemed to attract mall parking lot grannys, pine
trees, gas station concrete posts, I actually backed over a stop sign once
.... some kind of hex on it ... finally gave it away as an engine donor ....
Regards, Ken Campbell, iowuh guy