<VV> re: Biggest car show (no Corvair)

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 11:54:46 EDT 2006

Well, I'm not the one who claims it, but all the autmotive publications
seem to, as well as the MSRA.  I think it probably depends on your
definition of a car show or event. This is near 12,000 registered cars,
at a venue where the general public pays to attend/view which I would
imagine is different than a cruise. But if you've got 50,000 cars
cruising all at once I'd certainly give that the largest cruise trophy!

Nice thing atoub the MSRA event is cars have to be 1964 or older....so
none of those pesky lates show up!

Tim

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:32:09 -0400
> From: "Clark Hartzel" <chartzel at comcast.net>
> Subject: <VV> Biggest car show (no Corvair)
> To: "Virtual Vairs" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
>
> Tim Verthein says the Minnesota State Fair show claims to be the
> biggest
> show in the country.  We in the Detroit area claim the Woodward
> Avenue Dream
> Cruise as the biggest.  It spans 20 miles, attracts over 50,000 cars,
> trucks, motorcycles, street rods, etc. and about 1.5 million people.
> Cars
> from all over the country are showing up a week before the actual
> event to
> cruise Woodward Ave.  All the major car companies have big displays
> there
> and it gets bigger every year.  August
> 19th is the official date but the best cruising is a few days before
> that.
> Clark Hartzel

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===