Fwd: <VV> PG idle

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Jun 26 14:28:15 EDT 2006

In a message dated 6/26/2006 10:26:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
corvair at fnader.com writes:

> While most of the time the idle is nice and
> smooth in gear, it sometimes just slowly drops off, stumbles, then dies.

Bill,  While there a several things that could cause this (and I know you are
a veteran) I suggest making sure both carbs are evenly balanced at idle and
then use the 68-69 carb adjustment method which takes linkage slop into
account.  Basically you adjust the linkage adjustment screws with a slip of paper
between the stop and the screw and tighten the screw until just a firm drag is
felt on the paper when it is pulled.  This adjusts the linkage/idle based on the
slop unique to your car.  It has worked for me many times with all types of
worn linkages.

Of course there are many other issues...............

That's John Moody's Westy if memory serves and I'm sure it will get your
loved ones to the west coast and back just fine.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa